March 15, 2014 we celebrated the marriage of Darla and Drew. Still being Winter and Spring was 5 days away, it was 90 degrees in San Diego. We couldn’t ask for a brighter day. Here are the 10 tops things we loved about Darla & Drew’s wedding:
1. I know this may sound cheesy, but their love for each other – You can just tell these two were meant to be
2. Darla’s mom has been a florist for years and it was her dream to design her daughters bouquet on her big day. Not only did she make her bouquet, but she made the brides maids bouquets, the flowers for the ceremony, and the centerpieces!
3. It was a daytime wedding and guests enjoyed mimosas for cocktail hour. It was perfect for a brunch time cocktail hour!
4. The piano had vintage wedding photos from the brides parents and the grooms grandparents.
5. The flower girl! She was just the cutest. Just check out the photos of her below.
6. Darla asked me to hide a small Spiderman action figure behind their wedding cake as a surprise for Drew. It was an inside joke between the two. I just love it when couples add in special things between the two of them on their wedding day.
7. Just married sign on the golf cart.
8. The favors. Each guest got a frame to put their Photo Booth strip in.
9. Gold was part of Darla and Drew’s wedding color and gold is CMRCC’s favorite color.
10. The shoe game. Perfect entertainment during lunch service. They couple take off their shoes and exchange one of them (so each has one of the bride’s shoes and one of the groom’s shoes). Then someone – the DJ asks a series of questions where the answer can be either the bride or the groom. For example: “Who wears the pants in the relationship?” or “Who is the messy?” The couple each raise one of the shoes to represent themselves or their partner, often with hilarious results. Awesome way for your guests to get to know you both as a couple.
Venue – Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club
Day- Of -Coordinator – Nicole Manalo
DJ – Music as you Like It
Photography – Paige Koerner of Forever Young Photography By Paige
Photo Booth – TMZ Booth
Officiant – Drew’s cousin, Jonathan Murray
Flowers – Mother of the Bride, Darlene Goble
Blog Post | Nicole Manalo